Welcome to the Office of Business Development, a division of Virginia Institute of Technology (VIT). We bridge people’s needs for meaningful employment and employer demands in business development, human resources, and web solutions.
We are the best at:
- Connecting our members/students with opportunities in the “hidden job market” through our contacts and relationships
- Fostering in-depth relationships with employers that allow us to understand both current and future needs as well as the key skills and training that employers require from their job candidates
- Placing people in the hottest job categories in the market. Our current focus is Technical Project Management, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media and Content Strategy, as well as User Experience (UX) Architecture. We continue to add to our list as we see the hottest trends in the VA, MD, and DC markets
- Positioning and re-positioning candidates to take advantage of market trends
- Working on real life projects to maximize hands-on training to gain valuable practical experience
In partnership with the International Club, a non-profit corporation in Washington, DC, we are also developing:
- Global Network for everyone to enjoy an international experience, including students around the globe to utilize international collegiate collaboration. We are teaming up with schools in Pakistan, Russia, and other countries
- Global Business to educate companies how to do business worldwide
- HOTCOE Skills & Jobs “to discover career callings and turn passions into paychecks.” (HOTCOE stands for Hands-On Training & Career Opportunities for Everyone) The HOTCOE Programs develop a no-one-left-behind-job pathway to (a.) volunteer for technologically-advanced not-for-profits, (b.) get work experience, just-in-time training, and robust job marketing, and (c.) get hired
We proudly serve:
- Adults discovering, launching and/or advancing careers. Our primary expertise is hands-on certification and job marketing
- Teens discovering careers in information technology and getting global leadership experience. We are looking for partners to launch our Jedi2b program for teens to learn technology
- Organizations looking for business development, recruiting, staff development, and technical solutions
Please visit our About Us page to learn about (a.) who we are, (b.) what we do (including every department’s objectives), and (c.) why we do what we do. Please visit Our Media to explore our websites and social media outlets.
Make yourself at home – welcome to the VIT’s Office of Business Development, the home of services to make you VITally certified!