Welcome to the Office of Business Development, a division of Virginia Institute of Technology (VIT). We bridge people’s needs for meaningful employment and employer demands in business development, digital marketing, and human resources.
We are the best at:
- Connecting our members/students with opportunities in the “hidden job market” through our contacts and relationships
- Fostering in-depth relationships with employers that allow us to understand both current and future needs as well as the key skills and training that employers require from their job candidates
- Placing people in the hottest job categories in the market. Our current focus is Technical Project Management, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media and Content Strategy, as well as User Experience (UX) Architecture. We continue to add to our list as we see the hottest trends in the VA, MD, and DC markets
- Positioning and re-positioning candidates to take advantage of market trends
- Working on real life projects to maximize hands-on training to gain valuable practical experience
In partnership with the Career Network Ministry in Northern Virginia and International Club in Washington, DC, we are also developing the HOTCOE Skills & Jobs services “to discover career callings and turn passions into paychecks.”
The HOTCOE pathway for career changers is to (a.) get enrolled in a professional program to undertake an internship, (b.) get employable credentials, such as work experience, just-in-time training, and robust job marketing, and (c.) get hired.
HOTCOE stands for Hands-On Training & Career Opportunities for Everyone.
We proudly serve:
- Adults discovering, launching and/or advancing careers. Our primary expertise is hands-on certification, job marketing, and job placement
- Kids & Teens getting global leadership experience and discovering careers in information technology. We are looking for partners to launch our Jedi2b program to learn technology and New World Leaders program for global fun!
- Organizations looking for business development, human resources, and web solutions
Finally, we are also parts of the Educational Diversity and Integrity Board, a network of competency-based educators, trainers, and assessors, as well as Career Experience Network, an association of internship and apprenticeship providers.
Please visit our About Us page to learn about (a.) who we are, (b.) what we do (including every department’s objectives), and (c.) why we do what we do. Please visit Our Media to explore our websites and social media outlets.
Make yourself at home – welcome to this outreach of VIT, welcome to VIT for all!